Being Trauma-Informed means we work through a survivor-centered lens. Survivor in this case being anyone who has survived domestic, sexual and/or intimate partner violence.
CINTIMA Trauma-Informed practices include but are not limited to:
- Asking what kind of support the individual we are working with needs
- Asking if they have tools that allow them to get into their bodies
- Offer tools to help them get into their body
- Learning how to notice tone and or prosody as well as body language with those they are working with
- Teaching our ICs to look at their own biases and traumas. And to acknowledge how they may show up during this work
- Teaching our IC’s also how to care for themselves on and off set